7.03.2011

Noah David is 2.

It really does seem like moments ago that I took my last nap with Daniel Isaac as an only child.  Snuggled in his twin bed, we dozed for a couple hours, which was a fabulous pre-labor treat.  After which,  Daniel and I dropped him off at Grandmama and Papa's home with lots of hugs and kisses and knowing I would miss him like crazy...and anticipating a second child...and what all that would entail for him.  Daniel and I went to Provino's for my "last meal" before labor, and as usual, I devoured every bite of salad, drippy garlic butter rolls and ravioli.  Then on to the hospital...I was a week late, and I was about to meet my second son.  We'd talked to him for months (through my bellybutton of course...thank you Daddy and DI) and dreamed a lot of what it would be like, but much like never having Daniel Isaac and imagining it, I never could have fathomed all that Noah David's little life would bring.  Holding him, kissing him and never wanting to let him go as soon as I delivered him will forever stay etched in my mind.  The eternally long wait in my mind while he was in the nursery getting cleaned up and having his first pediatric check up made it hard for me to relax.  But then once he was back in my arms...oh, that feeling.  It took a lot for nurses or anyone to pry him from me for, well, for almost a year-ha!  I'd be lying if I didn't say I had tons of fear about my second born feeling overshadowed by his big, very outgoing amazing brother.  And I'd be lying if I didn't admit my fear how Daniel Isaac would feel sharing us.  But the beauty of their relationship...from the moment DI met ND helped soothe and nearly completely dissipate those fears.  I'll never forget Daniel Isaac cradling Noah David in the hospital and whispering, "I love you, Baby Noah," with that priceless trademark twinkle in his eye.  And today, it's laughable that any of those thoughts ever even entertained entering my mind.  As Noah David is quite clear...sometimes overboard clear...on what he does and doesn't like.  He won't be overshadowed.  And as the brothers love each other dearly and play together amazingly well...Noah David adoringly calls DI "Bubber", and DI has taken him under his big brother wing.  The occasional "it's MINE!"  or "he took that from ME!" breaks out, but overall, they are best friends, and Daniel and I get to marvel in wonder as our boys grow together and love each other.  With that being said, we have so much to celebrate in Noah David's life.  He brings us to belly-laughs on a regular basis....and then he melts our hearts sharing his sweet kisses, hand holds, hugs and big batty blue eyes.  He is independent and feisty.  He is walking that fine line between baby and boy, and we are getting to hear the beautiful harmony his exploration.  Many of our dear family members and friends gathered last Saturday to celebrate his life...the light he exudes...the precious man-in-the-making he is.  I've grappled all week trying to find words to describe how I felt when I saw him being loved on and celebrated in such a magnificent way.  Seeing his face light up and his dimples permanently decorate those squishy cheeks for his whole party was oh so joyful for this mama.  The Opelika Fire Department is my hero for more than the reason of risking their lives to keep us safe...they made my boy's day.  Even Sparky the fire dog (and to say that ND ADORES Sparky is a grand understatement) braved the heat and came...graciously allowing multitudes of children to pull on his jacket, step on his fire boots, and play with his hat.  The firemen let all the children climb on their shiny red truck, making each kiddo feel so special and big.  Cameras flashed, children squealed with delight, and parents smiled at all of our littles enjoying the fun.  And the most precious moment of the whole party...when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to Noah David, and he stood, all grins and eyes shining and very proud and thankful for his personal birthday serenade. My baby is 2, and he knows he is loved, celebrated and special.  Below is the picture recount....  


Grandmother, our oldest party member, ND's great grandmother...almost 94. 






























Our youngest party member...Charlie...almost 4 weeks.  





























No comments:

Post a Comment