1.01.2011

Pictureless Posting

I've written at least a hundred posts in my head these past two weeks.  Moments of every day happen.  Memorable ones.  And when they do, I think, "Register this in the permanent memory index...never ever forget how this feels."  The delight of my boys.  My heart growing when hearing my big boy tell me he really doesn't want anything for Christmas.  Hours of late nights and long hours on homemade gifts and gift-wrapping and really loving it.  Getting to spend the 21st surrounded by my family...laughter, joking, smiles, delicious food...and love all exchanged in epic proportion.  Then moving to the 23rd at Daniel's grandparents and his mama's side of the family.  Daniel Isaac sweating profusely within an hour of arrival, delighted to be able to have his two big cousins to wrestle with.  Noah David going back and forth between his daddy and me....getting down some to giggle and try to pitch in helping fight off the big cousins with his brother.  Granddaddy, nearing 90 years and the depth of his beautiful heart and soul, sharing with us before eating a huge Grandmom-made feast, the love and pride he has for his family.  Taking one of those pause moments when Grandmom and Granddaddy were sitting next to each other as gifts began to get opened...looking at the light in their eyes, the hard work that has come from their hands, the wisdom that pours from their lips, and the vast love they have for one another and their family.  I've stolen one of my all-time favorite Granddaddy phrases, "If Mama (that's what he calls his lovely bride, Grandmom) ever leaves me, I told her I'm packing my bags and going with her!"  That's right.  We're sticking together....forever.  Then we had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner in pajamas with Nana, Pops and Grandmother...and Christmas morning was just divine.  It started slowly like my favorite kind of mornings do, and then we had a breakfast picnic in front of the Christmas tree.  Hot chocolate and marshmallows covering the front of ND's belly, and coating the chin and lips of DI.  Then Daniel read us the Christmas story, we prayed...giving so much heart-felt thanks for all that the Lord has given us and done for us...and for who He is.  Then the boys got to open their presents from us.  It was slow and special and just us 4.  I cried at the gift Daniel gave me...more on that later.  Christmas Day lunch with Nana, Pops, and Granmother...more deliciousness.  Then a heavenly looong afternoon nap for all 4 of us.  In fact, I had to wake up Daniel and Daniel Isaac at 5:15 to go to our bffs the Cannons for more celebrations.  They had prepared a feast of prime rib and succulent potatoes and this awesome salad I will get the dressing recipe and post, and I'm not a recipe-poster, but it was just that good.  The kids got their very own "kid table" and were up playing with new toys in no time, but the grown-ups got to sit.  Sit for a meal...with 6 kids aged 5 and under all playing gleefully and running through the house together.  It was awesome.  It feels so very good to share such closeness with such dear people.  The grown-ups and the kids.  More gift exchange...and lingering.  I didn't want it to end.  But ya know what?  Christmas doesn't end...it keeps on going.  And it has.

We also got to visit Daniel's Dad's mom and family for a wonderful afternoon-evening of Daniel Isaac completely disappearing to play with cousins and devastation when we left and Noah David just glad to be right there with us, alternating snuggles and play.

I photo documented Christmas better this year than any other, but my tech-man Daniel (thank God he is so tech savvy and takes care of all of our electronic happenings!!!), already moved the pictures to an external hard drive.  I'll get 'em back some time, but these words couldn't go another moment trapped in my brain.

More will come, pictures to be included...for now, enjoying all that celebrating Christmas brings.  And really really enjoying having Daddy around with our two little lights.

Our hearts are brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Love. You should have access to the pictures now!

    ReplyDelete