6.06.2011

Brothers.

I never could have imagined the overflow of joy in my heart as I watch my boys love each other and grow as brothers.  Big brother, little brother.  Brothers.  They are buddies.  They wrestle, argue, annoy each other, hug each other, snuggle, share, yell, hide together, wonder off into imagination land together, catch bugs together, eat together, laugh together, sing together, dance together, "fly" together....they really love each other.  And I really love watching that. 

 My biggest boy's climbing skills are being perfected at Grandmama and Papa's house...


Words cannot describe how unpleasant it is for me to see my children enjoy bugs.  I loathe bugs.  Somehow the twinkle in their eyes makes it tolerable. ;)





RIP Mr. Grasshopper.  It was fun while it lasted...Noah David didn't mean to let his red, square croc squish you.  Apologies. 
Trampoline + net = Mama refrains from heart attack and a ton of family fun

Free dancer.

Ninja.

Big.  Just like brother.  Unhindered.







 
These boys share a lot of love for each other, and love for their sibling in Africa (or "Aaa-tuh" as ND says)is budding.  ANY time Daniel Isaac finds coins on the ground...here at home, in the street, on a sidewalk, etc., he runs proudly and excitedly exclaiming to Daniel or me, "Mommy look!  We can use this for our adoption!"  He doesn't want it in his "save" jar...or his "spend" jar.  He wants it for his baby brother or sister.  


It's on his heart and on his mind, which is why he is hosting a lemonade stand this Friday.  He has planned it and given me all of his ideas.  We've mixed and tested lemonade to make sure we get it right. We've baked cookies...and taste-tested them, too, of course.  I can't wait to show his little bro/sis these pictures and share how much his/her big brothers..."mukulus" loved them and thought about them and prayed for them before we ever even knew him/her.  


So please, if you're in the Auburn/Opelika area this Friday, stop by...


Mukulu's Lemonade Stand
Friday, June 10, 2011
10:00 a.m.- 12noon AND 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
(Nana & Pops' house)
414 N. 10th St. 
Opelika, Alabama

We've got lots more cookies to bake and lemonade to mix and ice tea to brew.  Tea and lemonade will be 50 cents and cookies 25 cents.  

Come check these two big brothers...and imagine with me what it's gonna look like when these two loving, big bros get ahold of their baby and begin to "brother" him/her.  

1 comment: