5.18.2011

Being a Mama

Being a mama means a lot to me...

Being a mama means two boys who greeted me at the bottom of the stairs at the beach Mother's Day morning so proud and eager to give me cards they had colored and dictated to Daniel....

Being a mama means proudly wearing the cape my boys gave me...

Being a mama means watching my big boy Spiderman-style climb the rock wall he couldn't get up last year...

Being a mama means using the "sports" setting on the camera a lot and watching this little speedy man flash by...

Being a mama means enjoying the warm little hand reach up for mine and inwardly longing he'll always want to hold mama's hand...

Being a mama means...gazing at the wonder of these two littles splash and play and giggle in the water spouts...

Being a mama means making warm chamomile tea with honey to soothe their sore throats...

Being a mama means letting this sick little snuggle-bug sleep in my soft Wonder Woman shirt if that's what makes him feel better...

Being a mama means snuggling wet, toweled chubby cherubs after bath time...



Being a mama means getting to watch my boys adore their wonderful Daddy...and share ice cream...

Being a mama means getting to be the one this one runs to when he feels like this...(don't worry, he is an Oscar-winning performer when it comes to expression and was over this bit in 2.3 seconds)

Being a mama means getting to watch the boys show off their newest toys to Daddy (DI chose this as his toy to spend his "spend" money on and saved the rest!)...

Being a mama means fun Saturdays like Opelika's "Touch-A-Truck" and seeing the wonder on my littles' faces when they see a helicopter up close...

Being a mama means getting to see these dimples and chubby fingers point all day long (feel free to admire the elbow dimples...sugar bowls...kiss puddles)...



Being a mama means getting to see my boys love each other and play together...

Being a mama means making superhero shirts with capes sewn on for my two little heroes...
(Shirts for sale, custom made. All proceeds go to fund our adoption. Contact me littletaylorlights@gmail.com)

Being a mama means getting kissed on the cheek regularly by the father of my children and the man of my dreams with a little light peeking through...

Being a mama means seeing my hero Daniel teaching our littles how to be heroes and seeing them fly while still in our nest...

Being a mama is not a role I take lightly. It's one I deeply enjoy...the good and the hard. The whiny days, the days laundry piles try to overtake our back room, the sick days, the testing days, the ones where even though the house is a wreck and my "to-do" list could wrap around a city block, we race to the car and jet to the park and forget it all to enjoy each other in the sunshine. The days where we sit and read, the days we play pretend, the days the boys submerge themselves into a pretend game and I actually get stuff done, the days where we cook together, the days where we all have good attitudes and snuggle in bed at the end of the day and drift happily into dreamland. My boys are a gift...beautifully wrapped yet even more beautiful and intricate and unique and wonderful as they open throughout each and every day. And the fact that they've been given to me...to cherish and open and watch grow and thrive is beyond miraculous to me.

We have another gift waiting for us in Africa. Maybe conceived, maybe not...maybe growing in birth mama's womb, maybe not yet. The anticipation of receiving our next gift is extremely exciting, and I'm already in awe that we...our family...our community will get the honor of receiving this sweet gift.

Daniel and I had our 2nd home study meeting today, followed by a dreamy lunch date...celebrating one more step in the process towards bringing baby home. Aside from waiting on paperwork, we are continuing to raise money and prepare our hearts and home for our baby, our Pearl, our "Bubber" or sister in Africa.

For more information on our adoption process or for inquiries to purchase custom made cape shirts, baby gifts, adult and children's aprons, email me at littletaylorlights@gmail.com.

If you like what you read, click "follow" in the right column and become a regular reader.

1 comment: